Training SOS Heroes (6 months plus)
- Dogs over 6 months that missed out on puppy training
- Dogs that have done puppy training elsewhere and want to continue with their training
- Owners that have a teenage dog but have never been involved in dog training before
- Rescue dogs
Did you have THE most adorable puppy that did everything that you wanted BUT NOW you have a TERRIBLE TEEN? Or do you have a RESCUE that has yet to have training? Then this is the class for you.
It is a smaller class than our other Saturday classes with a maximum of 6 dogs.
This class is ideal as a teenager’s first introduction to group training. Perhaps they were perfect pups who have become more challenging. Or maybe you have brought home a rescue that needs a bit of help.
Either way, join us in this lesson for fun ways to build your bond.
Between puppyhood and adulthood, our dogs go through a stage where they are growing up, but are not grown up. They are losing lots of their puppy traits and puppy teeth. Teething can be painful and irritating. Hormonal changes are taking place which can lead to frustrations and new patterns of behaviour as they start to take more risks in a bid for independence.
They may find it harder to relax and can become more sensitive and emotional and display less ability to control their impulses.
So, classes for this age group are built around helping you and your dog maintain that close bond, establishing new rules for jumping, barking, chewing and control around other dogs. Helping you to understand them, and them to understand what is expected of them whilst supporting them and making the most of their risk adverse and curious brains.
This 6-week course will endeavour to cover…
- Teach your dog to love their name.
- Teach them that it feels good to be calm.
- Discover what motivates your dog.
- Make coming back to you the best ever fun.
- Not jumping up gets attention.
- Walking nicely on the lead is rewarding.
- Teaching a solid Down Stay
- Emergency ‘stops’.
- Working on a ‘ Take it’ and ‘Drop’
….. and much much more…Please choose the session time below to find out more about the classes, availability and to book.
Training SOS HEROES – Saturday 12pm-1pm£155.00 for 6 sessions (1 hour in length)